The Marconi Conference Center is located on the east shore of Tomales Bay in the town of Marshall, California, 7 miles north of Point Reyes Station.
Workshop registration is on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 from 3 to 5pm in Buck Hall. At 5pm we will have a mandatory orientation for all participants. The week will end on Sunday, October 20, 2013 with workshops from 9:30 – 12:30pm followed by lunch and farewells. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Airports: The Marconi Conference Center can be reached from several Bay Area airports. Both San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Oakland International Airport (OAK) are approximately 60 miles and 1.5 hours from the conference center. Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (STS) is approximately 40 miles and 1 hour from the conference center.
Ground Transportation: All three airports are served by most major car rental agencies and there is parking onsite at the Marconi Conference Center. For door-to-door shuttles from the airport, Marconi recommends the following companies:
- Marin Airporter Charter & Tours (415) 256-8830
- Marin Door-to-Door (415) 457-2717
- All West Coachlines, Inc. (916) 423-4000
- Bauer’s Intelligent Transportation 1-800-546-6688
- Black Tie Transportation 1-800-445-0444
Driving Directions: Marconi provides recommended driving directions from most points on their website. Please click here.
Ride Sharing: If you wish to coordinate rides with other workshop participants please use the comments section below.
TRAVEL TIPS FROM MARCONI:
Telephone: There is limited cell-phone service at Marconi Conference Center. Please bring a Calling Card with a 1-800 access number to make calls from your guestroom phone or one of the public phones on the property. To receive a call in your guestroom, give callers the private number posted by your guestroom phone – a 10-minute courtesy calling card is provided in each lodging room for this purpose. Guestroom phones have no message service. Messages left at the Front Desk, (415) 663-9020, will be posted in the reception area or, in the case of an emergency, delivered. The Front Desk cannot transfer calls to guestrooms.
- All Marconi buildings are non-smoking. Ashtrays are located at entrances, on decks and on patios of buildings.
- Guestrooms have bed linens; private bathrooms with towels, soap, drinking glasses, and coffee makers/supplies; clock-radios; flashlights; telephones (see above); and free, AT&T WiFi access.
- The Front Desk sells candy, snacks, drinks, meeting supplies, souvenirs, note cards, postage stamps and a few toiletries. A luggage cart, irons, ironing boards and hairdryers are available. The Front Desk Staff has First Aid equipment, an AED, and directions to medical services.
- Our self-service Business Center, located in the check-in building, offers our guests two computers with Wifi internet access, two printers, and a photocopier/scanner.
- Comfortable walking shoes, a waterproof jacket or coat, and a sweater or sweatshirt are recommended. Marconi has no TV, so reading materials are suggested.
- Campers and motor homes are prohibited from parking at Marconi. Fires, candles, incense and pets are also not permitted.
For additional information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in Tomales Bay!